The Horry County Sheriff's Office conducts fingerprinting Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m.    You may bring your fingerprint cards with you or we will provide the cards.   Please make sure to bring a State Issued picture identification card with you when you come.  

Concealed Weapons Permit

Concealed Weapons Permits are issued by the SC Law Enforcement Division.  The applications and renewals can be completed online at  If you have any questions, you may contact Sgt. Rick Thompson at 843-915-5450 or email at

Funeral Escorts

The Horry County Sheriff’s Office is honored to provide funeral escorts for our Funeral Homes.   If you would like to request a funeral escort, please submit the request to   Please make sure to include the date and time of the funeral and the route of the funeral.   Also, please include the name of the deceased name and your contact information.  Once you submit your request, you will receive a confirmation e-mail.

Background Checks

The Horry County Sheriff's Office will provide you a local background check for no charge Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.. (A local background check consists of charges made by the Horry County Sheriff's Office, The Horry County Police Department and the South Carolina Highway Patrol.) The Identification that you will need to bring with you are:

 -State Issued Drivers License or Identification Card 

 -Social Security Card

Temporary Beer & Wine Permits

Below you will find a link to the Department of Revenue, Temporary Beer & Wine Permit form.  The Sheriff's Office will be glad to assit in the approval of your permit.  If you should have any questions, please contact us at 843-915-5450. 

Download Temporaray Beer & Wine Permit:  General Information


Judgments are obtained either through Magistrate Court or Circuit Court depending upon amount. 

Once you obtain a Judgment, if the Defendant has not paid the amount they owe, please file Judgment with the Clerk of Court, you will be given a Civil Process Case Number, there is a ten dollar filing fee.  Then, fill in the forms provided and mail or bring in the forms with twenty-five dollar filing fee to the Sheriff's Office. 

Affidavit for Execution for Clerk of Court
Assume Cost Form
Execution Against Property Cheat Sheet
Execution Against Property
Judgment Guidelines
Letter to be sent with blank execution form
Note to Plaintiff filing an Execution Against Property